We’ve been doing a series on singleness … and this is the last in the series with … finally .. a dude! I just have more women friends but Nate Stevens, our guest today, is one of my best guy friends. We met a few years ago through another friend and he’s been writing for the magazine I publish, Single Matters ever since. He’s also a published author and speaker.
Have you ever wondered if God had a plan for picking a mate or a set of guidelines to choose well? What makes the best couples compatible for life? What if I told you Nate has discovered what the Scriptures says about four key aspects to a great relationship? It’s the topic he speaks on the most and even published a book about these awesome truths.
Now I knew Nate when he was single … so we’ve had a ton of conversations about singleness: the struggles, the state of singleness in the church today, the hope for marriage. Nate, met his beautiful wife, Karen, and still leads singles in the Charlotte NC area in a group called Fusion. He really has a passion to help singles prepare for marriage and choose well.
On the podcast today, you’ll learn why Nate has a passion for teaching compatibility … from his own struggles and failures. He is super vulnerable about his failures and gives hope to those who have also made mistakes. He will share the 4 relational aspects of life and why the order of finding these 4 things out are important to determine compatibility. You don’t want to miss the wisdom that comes from my friend Nate.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- Nate’s story from adultery to redemption
- According to Scripture, what are the four aspects to a great relationship?
- Why the aspects are to be discovered in relationships in a certain order
- What the soul has to do with attachment
- How feelings can be deceptive but can’t be ignored either
- What makes up an intellectually compatible couple?
- Why passion is totally ok!
- What wisdom he would say to his younger self about choosing a mate
- From Looking To Loving course for singles – sign up now! Today is the last day to register! (January 30th)
- Mark 12:30 – love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength
- Fusion – Singles Ministry in Charlotte NC
- Nate’s website – www.natestevens.net
- Book – Matched for Life on Amazon
- Nate’s Twitter
- Nate’s Facebook
Find Jill on social media:
- Website: www.jillmonaco.com
- Facebook : www.facebook.com/jillmonacoministries
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/jillmonaco
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/jillmonaco
One last thing …. Producing this show does take resources. So if you would like to hear more conversations, please consider supporting this program of the ministry. Just click the button below and you’ll be led to a donate page. All gifts are tax deductible. Thanks so much!