I’m glad you clicked over to this page!
I’m convinced that God loves you and, because of that, has called you to read this page. Right now God wants to show you how much he loves you. As you read through Single Matters, you will hear others tell their stories of how God has shown them His love and power in their lives. But, right now … it’s your turn to get a story. This is your time to become a child of God and get all the things He has for you. Why? Because no matter what your sin (past or present), God wants to give you the gift of salvation through His Son Jesus. Not just the gift of everlasting life in Heaven, but also the joy of knowing Him and receiving His promises today—here on earth! Jesus paid for your sins on the cross, and you owe God nothing. All you have to do is pray the best prayer ever and be welcomed into the best family ever.
Pray this out loud:
Here are some Scriptures in the Bible that explain more about what you just did!
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Here are some next steps to take:
- Tell someone who is a Christian what you just did! If you don’t know anyone, write us!
- Find a church that will help you grow in your faith and understanding of God’s Word. Community is the best way to stay encouraged and grow.
- Pray and read the Bible every day. If you don’t understand something, ask God to help you by saying, “God, I need your Holy Spirit to give me understanding in this.” God promises to give us more wisdom when we ask. You don’t need to be a rock star at this … it’s a relationship … so be honest with God. He won’t ever be disappointed in you for questions or complaints.
- Start by reading the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and get to know the life of Jesus. The Psalms in the Old Testament are another great place to start.
- When you don’t know what to do—praise God! Just thank Him for everything you can think of. And watch Him work on your behalf.
We look forward to hearing how God impacts your life…so keep in touch!