Each month that I share a recipe, I’m starting to notice a pattern: they are all sweet. (I might have a problem.)
Nevertheless, I’ve decided to continue with my sweet streak.
Almond Cinnamon Flour-less Cake
4 large eggs, whites and yolks separated, brought to room temperature
1 1/2 cups almonds, toasted and ground in a blender
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and coat a 9-inch pan with butter or cooking spray. Then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and spray the paper.
- Beat 4 egg yolks and add 1/2 cup honey, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix in a large bowl. Add the ground almonds and mix until combined.
- Beat 4 egg whites in a separate large bowl or in a blender until very foamy, white and doubled in volume, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then let cool completely.
- Carefully transfer the cake to a serving platter, and it is ready to eat and enjoy!